Wednesday, January 20, 2016

no concept

hello there


this blog post i am prepared to admit, look you see, could well be the most indulgent of the self one which i have ever done. which, yes, is saying something. it's all about the fact that i have had a hair cut, or if you like have arranged for someone to cut my hair. it is the sort of blog post i would imagine that the average millennial feral vermin scattered around the wastelands would write, if they were in some way literate. going on the way they loiter in food places, i suspect not.

anyway, a new approach and direction in the way i look. behold.



yeah, i know, it hasn't all of a sudden made me look decent or good, but it has, hopefully, at the least made me look a little bit more better than i did.

for some reason it occurred to me, or  rather "just popped in there" last night that i would quite like "short and spiky" hair. so off i went to the barber, or if you like hair menders. this would be the first time i have put any sort of effort, consideration, work or time on any sort of hair styling in about 30 years. it would have been around 1985 or 1986 that i last did anything like this; no doubt in some ill-advised by all the same noble effort to look as stylish as Holly or Paul out of Frankie.

it is indeed the case that i, like you, instantly think of the Sledgepoo episode of Sledge Hammer as and when the subject or topic of hair styling comes about.



there is no such thing as a bad episode of Sledge Hammer!, so picking which one is best is virtually impossible. the one where he goes to the hairdresser is, however, one that makes me laugh long and hard, in particular when he reaches for his gun when accused of having "no concept" to his hair.



if you have never, ever seen the Sledge Hammer! before, or have not seen it in years, then i wholeheartedly recommend you seek it out and enjoy, or enjoy once more.

why do i think that i thought it would be a good idea to all of a sudden care for my hair after about three decades of not doing so? no idea. there's a concept out there which suggests that people who do not care about themselves at all do not care how they look. i have seen much evidence in my life to dispute this, but if this sudden interest in hair appearance is a sign that i sort of like myself well then that's nice.

one would have thought, if i suppose one ever thought to reconsider me, that with all the fuss and nonsense i engage in with regards to citrus infused shampoo i would have more concern than i do for how my hair looks. this has not been the case for, as mentioned ad nauseum  (or however you spell it), quite a while.



that is indeed the "official portrait" of the new direction i have taken with my hair; the look most decidedly accentuated and enhanced by the use of Commodore 64 mode with the scan lines on.

maintaining this class new style is going to mean me engaging in a far different ritual than that which i do now on a morning. up to now i've sort of just got on with things, leaving my hair to look as however it so wishes, or how forces of the environment dictate. now, my (considerably) better half informs me, i shall have to mess about with a comb, some gel and a hairdryer.

my engagement in this new ritual will see me hum Night Fever by the Bee Gees. i shall just pretend i am Travolta in that scene where he gets his hair ready with a hairdryer in that film about going off on the lash on a Saturday night, the name of which escapes me for the moment. i am not sure this shall extend towards me investing in polyester strides or shirts with absolutely massive collars, but you never know.




be excellent to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: