Saturday, April 22, 2006
well, as suggested in earlier updates, James has taken quite a shine to this eating business. i believe you will find that these two pictures prove conclusively that the young man is most enamoured with butternut baby food at the moment!
on the teething front, he has just about got one tooth ready to show on the bottom right hand side. it feels quite impressive when he bites your finger!!
be excellent to each other!!
well, here we go with another weekly update of how young James is doing, as well as letting you see my new trimmed down beard, complete with a few grey hairs here and there!
James is doing just fine - he is now eating, as some pics that will appear here imminently shall show in abundance!!!
the deals on all the houses in our world are done, and so we shall be moving home in the near future!!
be excellent to each other!!
Sunday, April 16, 2006
well, here are some images from Easter. we were very kindly invited over to Gillian and Grant's, where Bam Bam got to sit with Pebbles for a bit. in the true spirit of Easter, James coveted Katie's odd toy so much (pictured here infrequently frequently) that i got to go and buy one.
Grant also personally allowed me to help him load some sort of damaged braai (a barbeque device for you who have never visited our land) on to his bakkie (a pick up truck for the uninitiated), and show him how his most excellent DVD Recorder works. it is a splendid, splendid machine indeed. as is the Plasma screen tele thing he now has. Ian Brown looked ace on it......
i went off to do some shopping. oh dear, whereas one can rent (and if they were inclinded to do so copy) the excellent film Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, one cannot at this stage go and buy it. this is annoying - every other film i can think of worth much you can buy at the same time it hits the rental shelves. i guess i am waiting a bit longer.
Michele did OK, mind. the new Live CD, Songs From The Black Mountain, was up for sale, and thus she has a copy. it is not a bad album at all, well worth your time having a listen to!
going backwards in time, Friday saw Maryke and Ryan visit. hello to you two if you are visiting, and it was very nice indeed to see you!! once again, sorry that we were not at your wedding, but the birth of James required both of us to be up here in Johannesburg, apparently.
and on Friday night we watched a whole film for the first time in ages! it was The Ref, also known as Hostile Hostages. an old favourite of mine - it was Denis Leary's first proper "lead" role and thus features a large range of his wit and wisdom. a certain Kevin Spacey, then largely unknown, was in the support cast. if you have never seen this gem of a hidden-away, "sleeper" film, you could do a lot worse than track down a copy!
today, on this fine Easter Sunday, James is off to visit his other Gran, Monica. and of course young Dylan, for whom we have purchased an astonishing amount of easter and in fact dragon related items. hope he digs them!
hope you all had a most excellent Easter weekend!
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Monday, April 03, 2006
and here's a couple of pics of James in his class walking ring / buggy device that his Gran R bought for him.
already he appears to be a more confident driver than his dad, and somewhat better at corners than, say, Takuma Sato, or whatever his name is.
i did like the device, but unfortunatley his mother has put batteries in the thing for the flashing lights and music.
DON'T BUY THE TOYS THAT MAKE A NOISE.
be excellent to each other!
well, here's young James having his first go at eating something!! rice cereal with all sorts of yucky fruit purity mixed in. hesitant at first, then happy to eat, then very delighted to sneeze it over Michele!!
his cousin Katie ("Pebbles") has her first tooth! James will not be far off!
be excellent to each other!
i have no idea what this is. thanks Matt, i am sure that Mr Mervin Fraser will enjoy it
· Riaan Cruywagen is fluent in twenty seven of the eleven official languages.
· Riaan Cruywagen knows the news before it happens.
· Riaan Cruywagen knew you would say that.
· Riaan Cruywagen is cryogenically frozen every night for EXACTLY eight hours.
His brain impulses are monitored during this and used as templates for deciphering elaborate ancient manuscripts.
· Riaan Cruywagen had a telekinetic showdown with Johan Stemmet. After draining all of Stemmet's powers and rendering him severely retarded, he created Noot vir Noot and made Stemmet the host.
· Some people believe Riaan Cruywagen wears a toupee - he has, in fact, one perfect hair. The one that covers his entire head - giving it that, 'not quite real' look. Riaan himself is not quite real.
· Riaan Cruywagen was the original model for Michelangelo's statue of David. Unfortunately, that was in the early years of Michelangelo's career and he wasn't yet artistically mature enough to capture the Cruywagen essence. He nearly drove himself mad with frustration until eventually he decided to settle for his number 2 choice of model in Chuck Norris who was only 3 years old when he posed for Michelangelo.
· One night during an ad break on the 8 o'clock news, Riaan Cruywagen mentioned to the makeup lady that he was 'tired of this apartheid nonsense'. Nelson Mandela was released from prison the next day.
· Riaan Cruywagen wasn't born, he thought himself into existence.
· The only man made object visible (with the unaided eye) from space is the Great Wall of China. Riaan Cruywagen can see the Mir Space station with his 'unaided eye'.
· Riaan Cruywagen never blinks; if he does the entire world would just not happen for that split second.
· When Sir Edmund Hillary reached the summit of Mount Everest, he was welcomed by Riaan Cruywagen, who briefly interviewed him, before wiring the information through to the SAUK.
· The SAUK is actually a front for a secret society of Swiss Bankers who manipulate the world's economy, and is chaired by non other than his most Worshipful Master, Riaan Cruywagen.
· In binary code the word "Riaan Cruywagen" looks like the shroud of Turin.
· When he was three Riaan Cruywagen successfully reinvented the wheel. For his second birthday party he entertained guests by coming up with the first highly successful prototype.
· Riaan Cruywagen will never die. His soul gets transferred to another identical body via various arcane rituals and current nano-technology thrice fortnightly.
· Bruce Willis' character in Die Hard is based on the unpublished autobiography written by Riaan Cruywagen at the age of 15.
· Riaan Cruywagen is an accomplished author and poet - though, humble by nature, he chooses not to write under his own title but prefers to go by psuedonyms such as W. Whitman, E . Hemingway, Proust, JD Salinger and G Chaucer - amongst others.
· Riaan Cruywagen's first job was tutoring Pythagoras.