Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine gifts!

hi there

well, today is the day for gifts of lurrrve and thus so it was that i was lucky, fortunate and happy enough to receive some ace gifts from what Basil Fawlty would call my "little nest of vipers". i am not sure that vipers call their home a nest, but who am i to question John Cleese?

much like a Monet, Da Vinci of that chap from Amsterdam who did that thing with his ear or something could not possibly hope, even with all their talent, to capture the true beauty of my valentine, so too it is the case that my rather lacking blueberry camera doesn't cope at all well with the demands of taking a picture. here, though, for your pleasure, is an attempt at a picture of my many splendid gifts!



my dearly beloved, with absolutely no assistance or hints from me (honest, yeah), managed to get me two CDs that were sadly missing from my collection, as well as some most class Thorntons chocolates and a red heart thingie full of chocolates! 

one of the discs there is indeed The Final by Wham!, a top notch collection. two of my top tunes, Edge Of Heaven and I'm Your Man, are on there, with the latter of course sounding somewhat different today than it did at the time, us knowing now things that we did not know then. moving on and the other disc is Bat Out Of Hell by Meat Loaf (yes, and Jim), a major omission from my collection. actually, it wasn't a major omission - i did have it, but a certain friend called Norman Bastard borrowed my copy at some point in 1988 and has yet to return it. he might as well keep it, i suppose!

thank you very much for spoiling me, my dear!



be excellent to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: