Thursday, December 27, 2007

Capello Resigns

The Football Association were still reeling today after the shock resignation of the England football manager Fabio Capello after twenty four hours in the job.

Speaking through an an interpreter Mr Capello said ‘I think I’ve taken England as far as I can. It has been a roller coaster ride and I think it is important to quit while I am ahead. I wish the team all the best for the future and we part on good terms.’

FA Chief Brian Barwick admitted he was ’...a bit disappointed’ but denied that the £24m pay off was excessive. ‘We wanted a world class manager and for a few short hours that’s exactly what we had.’

Now the search is on for a new England manager who can plan England’s football future over the long-term. ‘Or at least until Tuesday – whichever is furthest away.’

No comments: