Sunday, May 17, 2009

In The Court Of King Keith

hey everyone


well, my Dad returned from the USA with one of the best books ever. quite frankly, The Wit And Wisdom of Keith Richards, compiled by Mark Blake, is one of the funniest things in print. it's also probably the definitive look inside a Rock legend.

there's nothing i can say about Keith Richards (or Keith Richard as the Americans insist on calling him) that hasn't been said. in fact, there's nothing anyone can say about the legend of Keef that he hasn't said better himself, which is why this book is such a gem. lovers of rock and renegades should flock to buy this book as soon as possible. to convince you, here are a handful of the hundreds of choice Keef quotes!





There was a knock on our dressing room door. Our manager shouted 'Keith! Ron! The Police are here!' Oh, man, we panicked, flushed everything down the john. Then the door opened and it was Stewart Copeland and Sting."

"I'm always sorry for Mick's women, because they end up crying on my shoulder. And I'm like, how do you think I feel? I'm stuck with him."





"for younger generations born after 1963, 64, you've got the sun, the moon, the air they breathe, and you've got The Rolling Stones. We've always been there."

"I've never had a problem with drugs. Only with policemen."

"I've said it before : this is all I can do. I'm a lousy plumber."





"I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time."

"I'm all for the quiet life. I just didn't get one."


well, there you go - if you enjoyed these snippets, you will love the book, and will not be able to put it down! go on, treat yourself, pick up a copy!!!



be excellent to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: