Thursday, March 05, 2020

shoot it up, now, shoot it up

heya


one of the things about writing this blog, look you see, is that it is predominantly lonely. sure, i mostly just write it for my own amusement (get it all out of my system, so to speak), but it is rather weird when quite a few people seem to read it and yet not many ever comment or what have you. for, or to, those that do, my most exceptional thanks, it is always lovely to hear.

and then of course there are some instances of people reaching out and getting in touch which make me wonder (sometimes) (about sound and vision). well, not wonder, i guess. i believe that they are attempting, or trying, to sell me something or other. or do one of those "phishing" things, trying to scam me or otherwise engage in a confidence trick.

such an instance of this has happened, to be sure, recently. as in quite recently. here it is, and yes indeed i have elected to take out the website that they encouraged me to try and visit.



my instinct was to say this is quite interesting, but of course no, it is not. the assumption i am going to go right ahead and make is some sort of automated process, or a "bot" sets about scanning websites such as mine, identifies what it thinks is a spelling error and triggers a stock scripted mail to alert me to the folly.

unfortunately my limited imagination and lack of education leaves me bereft of any idea as to what it is they think i might have been trying to spell when i used the word "sigue". like, presumably, you, i cannot be bothered to look, so am going to go right ahead and assume that it was detected in a dual way, and done so as and when i will have mused on the subject of legendary band sigue sigue sputnik.

if they are at all bothered and they are reading this - or you know them and fancy mentioning it to them in passing - Tony James, Martin Degville, Neal X, Ray Mayhew and absolutely Chris Kavanagh might be interested in knowing that some automated spam bot thing off of an "internet" reckons they made a mistake with the name of their band.




be excellent to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments: