Wednesday, March 23, 2022

who wants to live forever

hello there


not so long ago it was the instance, or occasion, of being my birthday. as is usual, various wishes came my way, look you see, and of course automated mails from whoever i have registered whatever with. 

mails of an "e" version, of course. automated emails, which sometimes are considered spam. but not so bad. one website i use frequently gave me a 10% voucher (used), The Who sent a mail saying thank you for my support (but no discount voucher) and the Stones (of Rolling) gave an unexpected generous 20% voucher, which was very much used. no, nothing off of Bowie Estate. 

also, Queen sent me a 10% off voucher. sadly, and i tried, i could not find anything on their store i was short of or wished to buy on impulse. the most interesting thing, though, was the message that came with the voucher. behold. 


yeah, i am going to guess that they don't really think my name is [firstname], rather it's just that their special software thing which extracts a user's first name was all busted. still, nice to get a wish off of them. all the more impressive as one of them is effectively retired and one of them remains deceased. 

signing up to these web things isn't all bad, then. let me go and have another listen to the rather smart CD set of Exile On Main Street what the Stones partially met me slightly short of half way on as a kind of birthday gift. 




be excellent to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments: